In November 2018, Microsoft acquired FSLogix. After the acquisition, Microsoft decided to make the Profile Container product the default for Windows Virtual Desktop. To provide a good migration path between your existing profile solution and Profile Container, we have created a migration script that is currently available as a Private Preview. To gain access to the Private Preview, download the module here.
The migration script will allow you to perform mass conversions of user profiles from various (specified) types to FSLogix based Profile Containers at scale. Here are some details about the tool code base and structure of the code with the commands to be executed, as well as detailed examples
Once you have the migration script, Follow the steps below.
- Place the FSLogixMigration Folder in a module directory,
- import the module with command
- Import-Module FSLogixMigration
- If the module is imported successfully you will see the welcome message.
- At the time of import, a check will be done for the following modules: ActiveDirectory, Hyper-V, Pester
Convert-UPDProfile -ProfilePath “C:\Users\UserDisk1.vhd” -Target “\\Server\FSLogixProfiles$” -MaxVHDSize 20 -VHDLogicalSectorSize 512 -VHD -IncludeRobocopyDetails -LogPath C:\temp\Log.txt`
Convert-RoamingProfile -ParentPath <String> -Target <String> -VHDMaxSizeGB <UInt64> -VHDLogicalSectorSize <String> [-VHD][-IncludeRobocopyDetail] [-LogPath <String>] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [<CommonParameters>]`
- _Convert-RoamingProfile_ – Converts a roaming profile to an FSLogix Profile Container
- _Convert-UPDProfile_ – Converts a user profile disk to an FSLogix Profile Container
- _Convert-UPMProfile_ – Converts a UPM Profile to an FSLogix Profile Container. UPM Conversion has had minimal testing in small environments.
- _Get-ProfileSource_ – Takes input for the source type/path
- _New-MigrationObject_ – Creates a PowerShell object, which the script refers to for each migration
- _Mount-UPDProfile_ – Mounts a user profile disk to copy data
- _New-ProfileDisk_ – Creates a VHD or VHDX at the Target location
- _Copy-Profile_ – Runs a Robocopy from source to destination
- _New-ProfileReg_ – Creates an FSLogix Registry .reg file
- _Write-Log_ – Used to write verbose commands and log